Barthell OES Home was founded in 1969 in Decorah, Iowa. We are a 46-bed nursing facility, licensed by the State of Iowa. We are 100% private pay, and accept long-term care insurance. Our prices are affordable and competitive in comparison to other facilities. We are a comfortable and caring nursing home with a family-like atmosphere in scenic Northeast Iowa. You are invited to visit the Home and tour our facilities; the staff and residents will welcome you at any time.
Barthell OES Home offers:
- Long-term care
- Rehabilitation (daily exercise programs and equipment, Rehabilitation Aide is on staff to provide individualized wellness programs)
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Hospice services
- Daily activities
- Meals and snacks, meeting requirements for special diets
- Religious services provided by area clergy
- In-house beautician services (newly renovated!)
- Located minutes from Winneshiek Medical Center hospital
The daily rate includes 24/7 nursing service, laundry (except dry cleaning), food service (including room trays and assistance with feeding if necessary), and morning, afternoon, and evening snacks. Prescribed supplements will be billed at our discounted cost. Medication and physician’s charges will be billed to residents directly from the provider.